Benefits of Membership
Dues are $25 for the first member of a household, plus $5 for each additional members in the same household over the age of 16. All under 16 years of age are free.
The minimum age to be a man-at-arms is 16 years, to be a musician, 12 years. Civilian members may be of any age. It is strongly encouraged that minors join with a parent or legal guardian.
- Each member household receives.
- The Brigade Courier (six issues a year). The newsletter for the Brigade, containing timely information, event details, ads, news and general tidbits of interest to the membership.
- The Brigade Dispatch (quarterly). The flagship periodical of the Brigade, a scholarly journal covering topics of the 18th century study from overviews and study of period topics to “how- to” articles for the practical application in living history.
- Brigade Express (semiannual). Much like a corporate annual report, with information on the governance of the Brigade such as meeting minutes, fiscal reports, membership updates, by-law changes and election results. Also used as a pictorial look at the Brigade year in review.
- Ability to participate in any Brigade function anywhere.
- Coverage by the Brigade’s insurance policy at all official Brigade functions.
- Eligible to subscribe to the Brigade e-mail discussion list, an online forum for members to share research and thought.
- The advantage of the Brigade as a support organization, such as: workshops, membership referrals, web site hosting, music training, etc.
- Privilege to participate in the management of the Brigade.